Supacleen Limited - Terms of Trading
1) The Company is insured in respect of its liability for accidents to its employees and third party risk. The company shall be liable for damage to the Customer’s property if such damage is provided to be caused directly by negligence of its servants, provided that in all cases, details in writing of all damages shall be sent to the Company’s office within 24 hours after the damage has been done. The Company shall not be responsible for any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever arising from any breach of the agreement or otherwise. The provisions shall not prejudice any rights of the customer under section 2 of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.
2) This agreement is for a period of 6 months from the date of commencement of work with a minimum period of notice in writing of 12 months prior to the anniversary of the agreement and shall continue thereafter from year to year until determined by either party giving to the other not less than 1 months previous notice in writing. Cancellation shall be immediate in event of company going into liquidation, receivership or administration.
3) In the event of the Customer prior to the termination of this agreement moving to other premises or extending the premises to which the agreement relates or making any alternation s hereunder, this agreement shall not terminate but it shall be deemed to be appropriately amended as so altered, and the price shall be adjusted accordingly.
4) Upon Termination of this agreement however caused all charges outstanding to the Company’s prior to and as at such termination shall remain payable in accordance with term 14.
5) No agent, employee or servant of the Company has any authority to vary in any way the terms of this agreement. If any variations are made in the terms of this agreement they shall be embodied in letters to be written by and between the authorised officers of the Company and the customers and such variations shall only once agreed be deemed to be incorporated in this agreement.
6) The agreement shall be suspended during any period when by reason of a war, riot, strike, trade dispute or other cause beyond the control of the Company, the work hereby contracted for is unable to be performed.
7) It is a condition of this agreement that the Customer will not within a period of 12 months from the date of termination of this agreement offer or give similar employment to any of the employees of the Company, nor entice or solicit, nor in any manner be concerned in introducing any of them to the employment of any other person, firm or company whose business is or is likely to be in competition with the business of the Company, except in circumstances where Transfer of Undertaking (Protection of Employment) Regulations applies.
8) It is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure the services detailed and the areas covered are those required by the Customer.
9) The Company’s employees will call as arranged to carry out the specified work, statutory holiday, local holidays, Saturdays and Sundays excluded unless otherwise arranged, and a charge calculated and payable accordingly.
10) Unless otherwise stated, the Company’s charges have been calculated over a complete year and are based on a standard of service rather than labour content, and take into consideration that no service will be carried out during any known statutory holiday, bank holidays, local holidays and shutdown. The Company shall be entitled to charge additional prices where any work to be performed is made particularly difficult or time consuming as a result of any act outside the Company’s control.
11) Water, power and safe storage of Company equipment is to be provided by the Customer free of charge.
12) In the event of the cleaning being prevented by the Customer and/’or its servants or agents including by a trade dispute, it shall be considered as performed and the charge for the said cleaning shall be payable as compensation for time lost and wages paid. This shall include any period where the Customer has extended the closure of its premises in excess of any statutory holidays (for example over Christmas).
13) All claims for credit for work not carried out must be made to the Company’s office within 2 days of the date of non-service or unsatisfactory service, otherwise the client will be deemed to have accepted that the work has been carried out to a full and satisfactory standard.
14) All credit accounts are payable within 30 days of invoice date. The Company reserves the right to charge interest on overdue accounts at 2% above base lending rate of HSBC. The Company may (without prejudice to any other remedy it may have against the Customer) serve written notice on the Customer that unless all sums due are paid within 42 days it will cancel the agreement, and if payment shall not be made in that time the agreement shall be treated as repudiated and terminated and the Company may recover damages accordingly.
15) The Company shall be entitled to raise charges by such amount as will indemnify the Company as far as this agreement is concerned in respect of any increase in the amount payable by the Company for National Insurance Contributions or Value Added Tax or any other levy by any Government department made upon the Company in respect of its employees.
16) That if, by any reason of the making or variation of any Acts of Parliament and any orders, regulations and bye-laws made by statutory or local or other authority after the date of the Contractor’s tender, the cost of the Contractor of the executions of the Contract shall be increased then where otherwise provided in the Contract or agreed between the parties, the amount of such increase may be added to the contract price.
17) It is the policy of the Company to give the greatest importance to the health and safety of its employees. It is also The Company’s policy to co-operate with customers and prospective customers with the object of providing for our employees similar facilities on premises under the Customer’s control. Every effort must therefore be made by the customer to comply with all Health and Safety legislation and the customer must notify the Company of any Health and Safety risks involved in working at the client’s premises.